PROF. LARS LINDNER
The European Society of Hyperthermic Oncology (ESHO) awarded its highest honor, the 33rd annual ESHO-Pyrexar Award to Prof. Lars Lindner of Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) in Munich for outstanding contributions to hyperthermic oncology and the corresponding scientific achievement.
As the leading center for clinical studies on hyperthermia, LMU has begun operation of the latest MR image-guided hyperthermia system at Grosshadern university hospital. In this department over 15,000 patients have been treated with deep regional hyperthermia, many of whom had soft tissue sarcoma tumors. Alongside a phase III clinical trial on the benefits of adding hyperthermia to chemotherapy already published in JAMA ONCOLOGY, LMU is also running the Hyperthermia European Adjuvant Trial (HEAT) study, a similar randomized phase III trial on pancreatic cancer.Complete listing of clinical trials
- 101. Deutscher Röntgenkongress Leipzig, Germany May 20 – 23, 2020
- Annual Meeting ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Chicago, USA May 29– June 02, 2020
- 26. Jahrestagung der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Radioonkologie (DEGRO) Wiesbaden, Germany June 25 – 28, 2020
- 24th SASRO Annual Meeting (Scientific Association of Swiss Radiation Oncology) Locarno, Switzerland Sep. 23 – 26, 2020
- 13th ICHO (International Congress of Hyperthermic Oncology) Rotterdam, Netherlands Sep. 30– Oct. 03, 2020
BrochuresView All Brochures
Prof. Dr. Gaipl
Prof. Udo Gaipl, Head of Radiation Immunobiology at the Department of Radiation Oncology in Erlangen, Germany, explains the special efficacy of immunotherapy and hyperthermia. He has published over 155 peer-reviewed papers on this topic and founded The Radiation Immunobiology Group, aiming to understand the immune functions of patients exposed to radio- or radiochemotherapy especially in combination with immunotherapy.
Paul Turner, CTO at Pyrexar Medical Corporation covers “Present and Future Hyperthermia Technology Evolution”.
Paul Turner has been developing hyperthermia and ablation heat treatment methods for more than 40 years, including RF phased array systems for deep non-invasive and invasive phased arrays.